MJ have acquired professional skills and practical experience in the hotel / resort, airports, offshore catering, healthcare and hospitality management related segment including HACCP and Food Safety Management. Being a self-motivated, result-oriented, very analytical hospitality background professional with initiative for self-development, enthusiastic and ready for challenges, MJ has been given the opportunities to lead, initiate and manage as well as developing the ability to work with multi-racial people and the changing phase of the industry.
His extensive hands-on experience, knowledge and attention to details in developing and managing multiple F&B outlets within various international organization coupled with customer service management would be an advantage in developing and strategizing the hospitality industry growth.
- FINE ARTS Wohnkultur GMBH (Current) - Regional Operation Manager
- Damac Properties LLC (Hospitality Division) - Senior Manager F&B Operation
- Hilton Kuala Lumpur - Regional Hygiene & Food Safety Manager
- Eastern Distinction SDN BHD - Director of Operation / Chef de Cuisine
- MJSB Resorts SDN BHD - Director of Resort / Hotel Manager - Operation
- Malaysia Airport (Niaga) / Boustead Abela JV - F&B Manager / Chef de Cuisine
- Crown Princess Inter-Continental Hotel - Banquet Operation Manager & Mekong Restaurant Manager
Achievement - Industry
- Featured in MAS Wings of Gold 1990 (Personality of the Month)
- Featured in Japanese / Asian Tourism Magazine 1992 (Tourism Personnel)
- Silver Medalist in Culinaire Malaysia 1993 (Fine Dining Table)
- Outstanding Outlet Performance (Banquet Manager) 1997
- Outstanding Outlet Performance (Restaurant Manager) 1997
- Appointed Deputy Head of the Regional team in coordinating and setting up the first regional Hilton Food Safety System based on HACCP within the chain of Hilton hotels in Malaysia and Viet Nam.
- Managed an operation for EDSB Sdn Bhd (a JV operation with Government subsidiaries) in largest multiple unit of F&B catering and services providing a premium catering services for a high-end clientele and co-managed the offshore operation with 1700 employees based in oil rig at various locations at South China Sea.
- The pre-opening team of KL International Airport where successfully assisted all 48 F&B concessionaires in their tender evaluations, premise design, construction, M&E works and facilities and setting up F&B department for Malaysia Airport.
- Selected as Elite Team for special butler service for Head of Countries for CHOGM (1989) in charge of butler services for Duke of Edinburgh and Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei.
Please contact me for more assignments on Hotel and Restaurant Projects, specialty services, personality development Staff grooming, for organizing Food Festivals and also faculty services.